I spent last week-end preparing and thinking about so many things for my sewing classes that I think I lost control, it’s like I have a new toy and I have to experiment with it till the last!
I have to say that one thing was in my mind all along…to make a cushion! So, for its basic shape I copied one cushion I already had in my apartment, I used a simple light-creme fabric to sew it. I learned how to put the zip – that was not so difficult as I thought, actually, and I’m really surprised to see so many good tutorials online…the internet is fantastic! – and then I waited…for the inspiration to come.
I started painting the pattern as I used to do on paper, without any drawing or fixed structure..I just let my brain work the geometric shapes through the music. So, at first I painted some yellow triangles (you can see it on a vine I did..) but then I went crazy with the red, then I didn’t like it at all, so went on with darker colours covering what I previously did. So suddenly green and orange where on stage. I was kind of bothered at first by this palette, but then I finally found a certain balance, painting blue on the red colour. That was the only way I could tolerate them together, seriously.
In fact, this is not a bad palette at all…it is kind of unusual for my standards, but now that I am looking at my brand new cushion I am quite ok with the results. I don’t know about you, but I have these little battles with colours from time to time!
Have a great week!